Happy Second Birthday Camping for Women!
By Nicole Anderson
Camping for Women is now officially 2! So we are marking our ‘happy second birthday’ with this brief message.
The website www.campingforwomen.com went live with its first blog post on 23 May 2015 and it’s hard to believe that was two years ago.
We had a very busy second year as we built on the foundations laid in the first year.
Top 10 achievements for this past year include:
- Published The 3 in 1 Camping Cuisine Cookbook for hikers, campers and glampers
- Launched an online shopping portal: The Global Outdoor Adventure Store in conjunction with Amazon
- Produced checklists for hikers, backpackers, campers, and RVers for free download
- Built on our library of 91 articles written by outdoor women adventurers to over 250
- Launched a Travel and Adventure tab on the site to include specific travel content
- Increased regularity of free article posts for subscribers and facilitated comments for these
- Partnered with Brown Gal Trekker on the International Film Project to promote outdoor women based on the piece ‘Don’t Date a Woman Who Treks’
- Expanded recognition of regular contributors through dedicated pages and contributor logo
- Promoted other women outdoor adventure blogs of interest to readers and subscribers
- Recognised with the Versatile Bloggers Award given by bloggers for quality content
So much done, but so much still to do…
So what’s being planned next for year 3?
Well, we have a few things that we are working toward right now including:
- Launch of an exciting new video show addressing all outdoor women issues where subscribers can ask questions to have answered by a columnist in conjunction with another fabulous outdoor women’s group
- Launch of ‘The 4 in 1 Camping Cuisine Cookbook’ following the successful first publication
- Completing specialist guides being written on Canyoneering, RVing and stress reduction
- Continue to build a bank of useful articles, tips and information for women who love the great outdoors delivered via our free subscription
- Providing a service to assist women produce and share videos with other women
Check out our second-year video here:
As we hope you join in wishing Camping for Women a happy second birthday, please do not hesitate to share your thoughts or ideas for what you would like to see for the future. Just send us a message on the ‘Contact’ page of the website or email us: email@example.com
Here’s to another great year serving fellow outdoor women adventurers everywhere…
Help us celebrate a happy second birthday:
So we hope you might join us in briefly celebrating our second milestone by perhaps making a comment or two below. We always love to hear from you.
But most of all we want to again take the opportunity to say a big thank you to everyone for your wonderful support and ongoing encouragement to continue to develop the best global resource possible.